It begins...

I never expected any of this. No one did.
Of course all the defining moments in my life have been a surprisingly intricate and delicately woven  junction of accidents and surprises.
Its now March, 2020. The entire world is in a self and government imposed quarantine due to the sudden appearance of a virus so contagious, that it has spread to every country on the planet in a matter of months.
In Europe Asia and the USA, all places where I have friends, all shops are closed. group gatherings forbidden. everyone is suddenly locked indoors and waiting...
This crisis is affecting everyone in different ways, but my fiance and I belong to a certain group of people left waiting as the pandemic accelerates across the globe.
My fiance and I were approved for a K1 fiance visa. We could finally join and marry after waiting and submitting paperwork for 8 months. Then, only days later, our governments stopped all travel between our countries to stop the spread of the virus.
8 months of waiting. together only on messenger video. Waiting for approval and then a virus sweeps the planet and we cannot join.
It is something from a nightmare and yet, this isn't an ordinary courtship or relationship at all. The bitter heartache of being blocked from my partner is difficult, yet it fits a pattern of lessons from the universe that her and I have been experiencing for the last 5 years.
I live in the United States of America. My fiance lives in France. We met due to another beautiful accident, in Kerala India, 2015.
Ever since the day we met, we have been partners on a journey that is part spiritual pilgrimage and part cosmic video game with an untold ending. Each level we climb, the challenges increase.
So now, here we are, after traveling through 6 countries together, living the entire time out of backpacks like gypsies, surviving everything that happens when you decide to tramp around a 3rd world country, only to return home to a global pandemic.
It's a story beyond belief and one that has to be told. Even if no one ever reads this shit, its written down and I guess that makes it real. Real as anything else in this short existence.
So, this story begins in Allepey Kerala India, December 2015.


Comments